Site updated 27 Oct 2013
Items of Note:
- Entry form for the 60th Anniversary competitions - see April and June Mulga Wire for the Dance Competition Rules and Song Tune and Verse Competition Rules.
- Ermington Dance starts 7pm
- Beecroft Dance now starts 7:30pm
- We now have a separate Photo Gallery Website
- We also have our very own Blog
- and videos on YouTube
- Wayne Richmond has pictures of the 2013 and earlier Heritage Balls at humph.org/heritage/
The Bush Music Club Inc., based in Sydney, is Australia's oldest folk club.
For nearly 60 years The Bush Music Club Inc. has pursued its aim of collecting, publishing, performing and popularising Australian traditions of song, dance, verse and folklore. It runs regular bushdances, a dance workshop at Pennant Hills, a music workshop at Addison Rd Community Centre, Marrickville, two colonial balls, as well as publishing a regular magazine called Mulga Wire and various books, tapes and CDs.
The Club's present, two-monthly magazine, Mulga Wire, deals with the social aspects of the organisation, reviews, news and events.
It also has an active Concert Party.
Headquarters for the Bush Music Club Inc. are at Tritton Hall (Hut 44, Addison Road Community Centre, Marrickville, NSW) which was named for pioneer bush singer, "Duke" Tritton. The Club also has a booking agency for Australian traditional music.
Over the years the Bush Music Club Inc. has brought out various publications to help spread the music, dances and songs of our Australian heritage.